Unit 2 Quiz on Monday Oct. 17th.
Students should study Unit 2 packet: notes set #1 & #2, pictures of cells (plant, animal, prokaryote), and review guide. I also recommend reviewing the vocab assignments from the past two weeks and watching the crash course videos on cell membranes, plant cells, and eukaryote cells. Links to videos and powerpoints viewed in class can be found here: https://mrsmelino.wordpress.com/biology/biology-unit-lessons/
What you need to know:
* Define the three parts of the modern cell theory
* Distinguish between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell types
* Identify & describe the structures and functions of each cell organelle
* Explain the role of cell membranes as a highly selective barrier
* Define tonicity: Isotonic, Hypertonic, Hypotonic
* Understand the types of active and passive transport.